Join Claude E. Ducloux, Director of Education at LawPay, for a 3-minute PowerPoint presentation covering:
- The definition and types of fiduciaries;
- Common elements;
- Who can serve;
- Implications of service on personal liability;
- Informal creation of fiduciary relationships;
- The shifting of burdens of proof to fiduciary;
- Duties imposed on lawyers;
- Confidentiality of information and statutes involved in such protection;
- Fee contracts; recommended provisions; modification of agreements and fee forfeiture for breach of duty; and
- The presentation ends with a review of best practices for client relationships.
There is .50 hour of CLE credit, of which .50 hour is Ethics credit. You will receive the activity number on your certificate, issued upon completion.
Certificate of Completion only: .50 hours training completed. Sponsor has not sought accreditation.
There is .50 hours of CLE credit, of which .50 hours qualifies Ethics credit. You will receive the activity number on your certificate, issued upon completion.
There is .50 hrs of CLE credit, of which .50 hrs qualified for Ethics credit.
|PPT Outline_Fiduciary Duty (Condensed) (123.5 KB)||Available after Registration|
|PPT Slides_Fiduciary Duty (Condensed) (1010.4 KB)||Available after Registration|
|SBOT MCLE Accreditation Notice (87.9 KB)||Available after Registration|
|Attendance-Bio Info (71.4 KB)||Available after Registration|
Attorney at Law, Board Certified in Civil Trial and Appellate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization; LawPay’s Director of Education, Ethics and State Compliance.
Claude E. Ducloux is an Attorney licensed in Texas, Colorado and California who speaks regularly on Legal Ethics, Law Office Management, and Trial-Related topics. In 2011, he won the highest statewide award from the State Bar of Texas for lifetime contribution to CLE, and has been invited to speak in more than 250 programs in since Jan 1, 2009, and serving as course director of numerous institutes and advanced courses. Mr. Ducloux has a long legacy of bar service, including being President of the Austin Bar Association, and serving as Chair of almost every major Bar-related entity, as well as the Texas Bar Foundation.
Please wait ...